Opening Day Assignment
For today's class, you will be getting together with your first quarter workgroup to research the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program and create a coherent position regarding the president's recent statement about changes to the policy. You will be making a brief presentation to the class that summarizes the issue and recommends a course of action to be taken. Your presentation should include the following elements:
- A summary of the DACA program--what it is, what is its history, why it was created, why it is controversial.
- A summary of the statement made by the attorney general on behalf of the administration regarding the program yesterday.
- A statement of whether or not you agree or disagree with the president's directive. What course of action does your group recommend be taken?
- Include quotes from two different sources that you cite in your presentation.
- Create a Google slides presentation with the two quotes and sources and any other information that would support your presentation
Please remember to be respectful in your treatment of a sensitive topic. There may be people in our school--or even in our class--who could be directly or indirectly affected by rescinding DACA.